Tagging is very straight forward.
- First, select one or more photos.
- Where possible select multiple photos that have a common feature that you wish to tag
- Add a title and/or description
- Type a tag into the textbox in the tag bucket and hit enter
- If there is already a tag in the bucket, select it and click the green (+) button to add it to the selected photo
- When a new tag is added, it will appear in the Common Tags list for the selected photos
If you were taking photos in the backyard and a few of them had photos of your pet dog then you should highlight all of those photos and then add the tag Rover once.
You could of course do this for each photo - it is just more efficient to do it once for all photos.
The common tags list shows all tags that are in common between the selected photos. If you select all photos of Rover, then you should see the Rover tag is common.
If you select a photo of rover and also a picuture of a bronze statue of a horse, there is very little common between these photos so you may expect to see zero common tags.
Tip: Move between photos using the Alt-Left Arrow and Alt-Right Arrow keys.
These keys will work even if your cursor is in a tagging textbox.